Votre adresse à été supprimée de notre base de données.

Merci de votre visite.


Toute l'equipe de l'office de tourisme de Roubaix



Fermer

Roubaix
tourisme

la villa Cavrois a croix la villa Cavrois a croix
Accueil > Discover Roubaix > Architecture and Heritage
Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts et Industries textiles

Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts et Industries textiles

Founded in 1889, The National Higher School of Textile Arts and Industry trains 47% of French "textile" engineers. In 1876, the Municipal Council of Roubaix, keen to satisfy the population's...

Espace Ville Patrimoine

Espace Ville Patrimoine

  ...

Factory Roussel

Factory Roussel

This former wool mill, dating back to 1864, was taken over by François Roussel & Co in the 1890s. By the early 20th century, the factory was one of the largest in Northern France. Including...

La Condition Publique

La Condition Publique

La Condition Publique was erected at the initiative of the Chamber of Commerce in 1902 to measure the moisture content of wool and cotton in order to establish quality and prices.Created by the archit...

La Villa Cavrois Croix

La Villa Cavrois Croix

Villa Cavrois, a total work of art.Villa Cavrois is one of the most famous workks of modern architecture in France dedicated to a private residence. A veritable contemporary château combining cl...

LawCourt

LawCourt

The industrialist Pierre Catteau commissioned this mansion house from the Roubaix-based architect Edouard Dupire-Rozan in 1876. Inspired by the architecture of the Renaissance, the long and austere fa...

Le label Ville d\'art et d\'histoire

Le label Ville d'art et d'histoire

Since 2001, the historic importance of Roubaix, and the interest of its heritage have been officially recognised.The town is the first in the Lille metropolis to be awarded the label "town of art...

Le rang des drapiers

Le rang des drapiers

The Rang des Drapiers (Draper’s Row) is a row of 18 buildings erected in 1880 by wealthy townsfolk, industrialists, or merchants, in an eclectic style. Part of this row can be attributed to the ...

Le vélodrome

Le vélodrome

In 1914, the town decided to create a sports centre for the population.  In 1923 the project was awarded to the architect J Gréber, the author of the plan for the conversion, embellishment...

L\'Union

L'Union

An eco-neighbourhood made up of two centres of excellence, one of which is dedicated to images and the other to textiles.L’Union stretches over three towns, Roubaix, Tourcoing and Wattrelos and ...

Saint Joseph Church

Saint Joseph Church

The Church of Saint Joseph is a masterpiece of Neogothic architecture. Consecrated in 1878, the buildingfeatures an extremely sober brick façade in contrast to the richly decorated interior. Th...

Saint Martin Church

Saint Martin Church

The Church of Saint Martin is the oldest building in the town. Today, no traces remain of the primitive church built in the late 9th century.  This was replaced by a three-nave structure, of whic...

The Cemetery

The Cemetery

The tree-lined pathways of this 17-hectare cemetery offer an insight into the history of Roubaix. Many of the industrialists, politicians and artists who helped establish the town’s reputation a...

The covered Velodrome Jean Stablinski

The covered Velodrome Jean Stablinski

This bold and original facility which conforms to competition requirements will welcome professional and amateur cyclists.Il will also enable the practice of disciplines such as badminton, BMX and the...

The Motte Bossut factory

The Motte Bossut factory

This building was commissioned by Louis Motte Bossut, an industrialist from Roubaix who had injected English know-how into Roubaix’s local industry.A mixture of regional architecture and me...

The Poor Clare Sisters’ Convent

The Poor Clare SistersÂ’ Convent

Since its construction in 1857, this monastery built in the neo gothic style has been preserved in its originalstate. It was occupied until June 2008 by the Poor Clares who set up a school there, and ...

The Station

The Station

The train station in Roubaix was inaugurated in 1888, six years after the laying of the road that went on to become Avenue Jean Lebas. The station consists of a central building with a glazed gable, c...

The Town Hall

The Town Hall

Built by the architect Victor Laloux, creator of the Gare d’Orsay in Paris, the Hôtel de Ville (town hall) reflects the town’s industrial strength at the beginning of the 20th centur...

The I LOVE RBXcommunity

#iloverbx

Around Roubaix

In the LILLE European metropolitan area