Church St Martin
The Church of Saint Martin is the oldest building in the town.
Today, no traces remain of the primitive church built in the late 9th century.
This was replaced by a three-nave structure, of which we can still admire the bell tower today (1511).
The church of Saint Martin houses some remarkable recumbent statues in Tournai stone (including one of a child) and an interesting John the Baptist altarpiece made from multicoloured wood, originally from Antwerp (15th – 16th century).